• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Andy474

unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4

This topic is 2403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Your include directory is wrong, although I don't understand how your code compiles at all if that's the case. It should be:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2009)\Include

As for the library files, if you open up that directory in explorer (C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2009)\Lib\x86), is there actually a d3d9.lib in there? And are you building a Win32 target rather than x64?

Ok, I fixed the "\Include" bit ... no idea how I missed that.
I also checked for the d3d9.lib and it's in the x86 folder.
Also, I'm definitely not building an x64 project.

But I'm still getting the error. It only seems to work if I use the #pragma comment(lib,"d3d9.lib"); line.

VS makes linking so much more complicated than any other IDE I've worked with - I'm always running into linking errors. :-(

I've built programs in VS2008 with other libraries before, especially openGL and SMFL, and it took me a while to get the kinks out with linking those but I didn't run into this kind of trouble.

Oh - I just noticed you're trying to use "d3d9.lib;", not "d3d9.lib" - note the extra semicolon. What does your additional dependencies line look like?

*groan*
That was it.
(Could have sworn I tried that already.)

Sorry I wasted so much of your time. >.<
Thanks for the help though.

Hi all i'm newbie about c++ can explain about this ?? sad.png

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: D3D, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>deadhellbase.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4
1>deadhellmenu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: char * __thiscall cMenu::TIME(void)" (?TIME@cMenu@@QAEPADXZ)
1>D:\ABANG\Hasil Pembuatan D3D\D3D\Release\D3D.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

This topic is 2403 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.