Need To know

Started by
2 comments, last by VBlimits 22 years, 9 months ago
i need to know how i can export CPP Class Mods so i can use them in VB i hope some one can point me in the right direcshen (doc art post) what ever anything will help thanks -VBLimits Sorry about the Spelling..
-VBLimitsSorry about the Spelling..
Advertisement
cpp class mods?

With .NET so long as you follow some rules (like no MI) you can freely interpolate classes written in VB & C+++.

As of today (barring the .NET beta), you would need to write a COM library and follow some rules regarding the data types if you want access an actual instance of the class in VB.

You could also make a normal dll to manage the class; export a dll function for each method and explicitly pass the this pointer to and from VB (need a Create & Destroy export as well). You can stuff the this pointer into a VB long.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
hehe
umm
well that would kinda work
but i need classes in VB so i can see evrything i need (with out calling a funchion)
i know theres a way you can Make a ActiveX Dll or somthing like that in VC (thats what VB Uses).

but thanks for the post

helped a bit

-VBLimitsSorry about the Spelling..
I''m not sure about all of the ways to use C++ functions in VB but one way that comes to mind is a COM interface. Using MSVC you can easily create a Win32 DLL that you can call from C++ and VB pretty much the same way.

Seya
Krippy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement