Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need To know

This topic is 6015 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i need to know how i can export CPP Class Mods so i can use them in VB i hope some one can point me in the right direcshen (doc art post) what ever anything will help thanks -VBLimits Sorry about the Spelling..

cpp class mods?

With .NET so long as you follow some rules (like no MI) you can freely interpolate classes written in VB & C+++.

As of today (barring the .NET beta), you would need to write a COM library and follow some rules regarding the data types if you want access an actual instance of the class in VB.

You could also make a normal dll to manage the class; export a dll function for each method and explicitly pass the this pointer to and from VB (need a Create & Destroy export as well). You can stuff the this pointer into a VB long.

hehe
umm
well that would kinda work
but i need classes in VB so i can see evrything i need (with out calling a funchion)
i know theres a way you can Make a ActiveX Dll or somthing like that in VC (thats what VB Uses).

but thanks for the post

helped a bit

I''m not sure about all of the ways to use C++ functions in VB but one way that comes to mind is a COM interface. Using MSVC you can easily create a Win32 DLL that you can call from C++ and VB pretty much the same way.

Seya
Krippy