Programming Jobs

Started by
12 comments, last by tnutty 15 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I am currently in College right now, namely UCONN. I am majoring in ECE, or Electrical and computer engineering and this is my second year. I was on business tracking for accountant, but when I took my first programming class, C++,which was almost a year ago, I fell in love with programming. Right now I am just messing around with 3d programming, but would like to do something either with it or something related. Hence, my question is that, since I want to become a programmer, but I am not sure what type of programmer, could you post your job and a description of what your responsibilities are. My question might be personal and realize that you don't have to post it. If you do then thank you because you will be helping a person learn better of the types of programming jobs avaliable, and also keep in mind you will also help other beginners to see what they can do if they become a programmer. regards, TNUTTY
Our whole life is a opengl application.
Advertisement
hey im going to be a phd student at uconn in cs next year. maybe we should hang out sometime

im also watching the OT uconn vs syracuse right now. getting into the spirit.
ME too man, its gone into 2nd overtime, can you believe it?
yeah this is ridiculous. price is up for the foul shots right now
If I were you I would look at software companies and look at there careers sections and check out what they want for a programmer, most want something like at least 3+ years of C++ programming at least the ones I have all looked at. If you want to look at game companies look at big ones they usually can give you a goal at what you want to do. I suggest find your niche and make prototypes around that.
yo its almost at 3rd overtime.
5th overtime r u kidding me! this game is sick
f that uconn lost. This sucks!!

now back to carrer jobs, anyone wants to post their job description, please please do so.
My job description is:

Title: Software Engineer

Role: AI and gameplay, (and some other stuff)

Responsibilities:
-Assessing and implementing (C++) gameplay or AI features.
-Aiding in the design of gameplay and AI features.
-Building tools (C#, excel, in-game, etc.) for designers (and myself) to tune the game.
-Maintaining and refactoring existing codebase.

Additional Responsibilities:
-Training and mentoring new hires
-Knowledge transfer/sharing with other teammates and external teams
thank you for your share dashurc.

If it isn't too much to ask, whoever posts here, please put the languages that
you know and use in your job, so I and other beginners could see what we need to
learn.

regards,

TNUTTY.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement