Sign in to follow this  

Deferred Shading - Multiple Lights

This topic is 3189 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i tried to reply to this topic but it was retired.... http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=477618 my issue is with my specular term in my lighting equation.... oColor = (emission + ambient + diffuse)*colorr + specular; where colorr is the albedo/diffuse color term... i researched a while back that i use GL_BLEND and multiply the colorr term at the end or on the last light.... is this true? and if it is... how do i go about adding my specular term if i have to multiply the colorr at the end.... doesnt that screw it up?

You should multiply the diffuse term for each light separately or otherwise your specular will get tinted also by the diffuse term. This might be an effect you want in some cases, but usually it's not.

Hey Guys,

So I have spent a good while with the point lights, and have managed to confuse myself.

my directional light seems to be lighting up all sides of my cube, and also, for point lights, will i get working results if i just draw the light's volume, without doing stencil test stuff?

i seemed to get blending working somewhat, but my point lights are a bit funky.... i would post a video but i'm still reviewing my code.

Lastly, ......

these lighting values give the following result...is this ok? i'm trying to see if i have anymore bugs....

link

1.0 , 1.0, 1.0 , 0.0, //Emissive
4.1, 4.1, 4.1, 0.0, //Diffuse
0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, //Ambient
-0.4, -0.4, -0.4, 0.0, //Specular
5.0 ); //Shininess
Light1->setColor(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);

Thanks for the help

This topic is 3189 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.