Sign in to follow this  
JDX_John

PhysX on non-windows systems

We're looking to use PhysX in an app but I'm slightly concerned about Mac support. The wikipedia page says many OSs are supported but I can't find any way to download/install runtimes on MacOS on nVidia's site. And searching online, I find some people talking about it but no clear answer.

According the entry on Wikipedia, PhysX hardware acceleration is being implemented by using NVidia's CUDA, which treats the graphics card as a general purpose multicore vector FPU. I'd imagine that using NVidia's CUDA runtime would provide hardware accelerated physics when used on titles that use Novodex/Aegia/PhysX/NVIDIA/CUDA/ThisSDKHasTooManyNames.

What's that got to do with my question? I'm asking about Mac support for the PhysX run-times, not hardware acceleration. I don't care about hardware acceleration.

PhysiX is based on CUDA. CUDA is available for Windows/Linux and MAC OS. So there might be a PhysiX SDK for Mac OS in the future. By now there is only a Linux and Win SDK. But see for yourself: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/physx_downloads.html