Sign in to follow this  
puddinlover

What console/mobile can you create games for using C#?

I know of course xbox 360 using XNA but what other consoles/mobile devices can you create games/apps for using C#? (Also a side note... if anyone knows if you can convert your C# software creations to run on Mac/Linux?)

You can also use XNA on the Microsoft Zune. I believe C# will work on certain Windows Mobile phone devices. I can vouch for Mono to run C# on Linux and Mac, its a great framework but you won't be using that on a mobile device for some time.

Will I have to re program anything with mono (say I just took my project file I just made using just the default C# 2008 express suit) it would just make my project mac compatible?

Also to program for the ps2 (was told there is no longer any license fee's) all that is C++ right? I can not seem to find a C# way to program for the ps2.

Bare in mind that XNA won't work with Mono because it isn't part of the .NET standard library.

There may not be license fees for the PS2 (I think I've heard something along those lines but I'm not sure) that doesn't mean they'll hand sdks out to everyone. Either way, the only way to use C# on the PS2 would be to write your own implementation of the VM in C/C++ first. Probably not worth the effort.

With the PS3 however you could use Mono if you use Linux on it.

Quote:
Original post by Psyk60
Bare in mind that XNA won't work with Mono because it isn't part of the .NET standard library.

mono deals very nicely with your run of the mill .NET libraries. XNA doesn't work with it for other reasons. SDL.NET and other alternatives exist where XNA doesn't work.