Sign in to follow this  
nivlekio

Floats, Lists = Problem

Hi all sorry for the vuage header but I did not really know what to put for it. Problem in a nutshell, I print out the value which I return from a class which is stored in a list and it says its value is 0.0000f then right after I print out the value I have a IF statement which checks if the float value is <= to 0. But the code in the if statement does not get executed!?! To add insult to injury I also do the same for a class that two elements behind it, it prints out zero, and enters the if statement. Does ant one know whats going on. I declare the list and the itterators like this
list<class CFuzzLLineMF> m_listMembershipFuncCtnr;
list<class CFuzzLLineMF>::iterator m_PrevlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr;
list<class CFuzzLLineMF>::iterator m_listIterMembershipFuncCtnr;
list<class CFuzzLLineMF>::iterator m_NextlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr;

then later in the code in a for loop i do this
	for(int i = 0; i < (m_iMaxNumberOfMF-1); i++)
	{
		if( i > 0)
		{
			m_PrevlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr = m_listMembershipFuncCtnr.begin();
			advance(m_PrevlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr,(i-1));
		}

m_listIterMembershipFuncCtnr = m_listMembershipFuncCtnr.begin();
		advance(m_listIterMembershipFuncCtnr,i);

if(i < (m_iMaxNumberOfMF-1))
		{
			m_NextlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr = m_listMembershipFuncCtnr.begin();
			advance(m_NextlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr,(i+1));
		}

if(( i > 0) && (i < (m_iMaxNumberOfMF-1)))
		{

if(i == 1)
			{
				char Test[256];

sprintf_s(Test,sizeof(Test),"%f",m_PrevlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f());
				MessageBox(NULL,Test,"m_PrevlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f",NULL);

sprintf_s(Test,sizeof(Test),"%f",m_listIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f());
				MessageBox(NULL,Test,"m_listIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f",NULL);

sprintf_s(Test,sizeof(Test),"%f",m_NextlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f());
				MessageBox(NULL,Test,"m_NextlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f",NULL);

if(m_PrevlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f() <= FLT_EPSILON)
				{
					MessageBox(NULL,"Prev",NULL,NULL);
				}

if(m_NextlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f() <= FLT_EPSILON)
				{
					MessageBox(NULL,"Next",NULL,NULL);
				}
			}
		}
	}

When the code gets executed m_PrevlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f() returns 0.0f which gets displayed in the message box, m_listIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f() returns 1.0f and m_NextlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f() returns 0.0f in the if statement where i check if the value from m_PrevlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f() is <= to Zero it acknowledges tha values as being Zero and dislays the message box, but it does not with the value returned from m_NextlistIterMembershipFuncCtnr->Rtn_MembershipDegree_f() any ideas whats up?