Sign in to follow this  

Ps3 Boot help

This topic is 3199 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi came home today after the kids had been using the Ps3 and when i turn it on it starts to load i get the boot sound but there are no icons, also when i put a game in there is a load icon flashing like if its loading game but that’s as fare as it goes. Is there some like a Boot CD that will repair the Ps3 operating system without losing all my data on there. Or does anyone have a way they can help my Ps3 work again. I have played with boot CDs on windows and fdisk so i got a little understanding on how things work. Started reading about Boot CDs for a PS3 and came across this link http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-howto/ps3-boot-recovery-howto.txt But didn’t really understand without reading more so thought i would ask for help. Just thought this would be the best place to start and hope someone can help or point me a direction. From that link i tried "** force the game-os to boot ** To force the PS3 to boot into the game-os, shutdown the PS3, then press and hold the power button on the front of the system until a beep is heard, then Release the power button. The video mode and boot flag settings will be re-set to the defaults and the game-os will boot." But after that when the PS3 boots i don’t get the boot sound from the PS3 Thanks for your time doj harris

This topic is 3199 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.