Sign in to follow this  
puddinlover

A free/cheap installer with serial key support?

I see a few free installers but I'm not sure if anyone knows of one off hand that allows for you to check a server online to see if the serial code entered is 1. valid 2.not already used... I think I could do this myself within my program BUT the user would have to be connected to the web every time they start my software... so if I do this "check" while they install it than they would only need to be on the web during the install. does not have to be "top-notch" just looking for a basic way to stop the non-hackers from just sharing my software freely. (I'm using C# if that matters and I hope to port my software to mac and linux using mono)

Nope, you'll have to write your own code to do that. You can execute this code from within the installer if you wish. If you write it correctly, you'd even be able to reuse your work in the game to let your users change their key.

I'm still new to C#... I can program functions for the default installer (the one you package your program with from the file menu) within the program?