Sign in to follow this  
Kevn

Workspace?

Now that I am feeling more comfortable with directx and openGL, a few friends and I are wanting to start on some game projects. We need something like a personal forum and an area where we can store files. Right now we are just sending things to each other over AOL Instant Messanger and leaving messages for each other on Myspace, which isn't exactly as organized as i would like it to be. Are there any programs or websites that act as a workspace type thing that you guys recommend? Sorry if my description of what I am looking for isn't adequate, I don't really know what I am looking for...

Sure! You can get free web-hosting in several places, but if you don't mind an extra forum to visit regularly, I used FriHost for a while and I really liked it. You can set up FTP access for both you and your friend.

You should also look into SVN or one of the other versioning systems out there, because if one of you overwrites something the other person did, you could revert or merge the changes. It also means if you mess something up, you can revert the entire codebase, and other such handy things. TortoiseSVN, a Windows-only addition to the right-click menu, lets you use SVN really easily.

In relation to Frihost, I'm not sure if they offer SVN installation... but you have lots of other options. [grin]
~Jonathan