Sign in to follow this  
Defend

How to make a modeless dialog dockable?

Vista, VC++2008 I have a dialog resource which I display with CreateDialog(). I want to use it as a kind of toolbox basically so the user can adjust things in the main window while still interacting with the main window. I want to make it dockable, just like, for example, the Solution Explorer in VC++. Cheers. :) PS. One more question, is there a "windowsy" way to force my application to not display this dialog if it is already open? At the moment I can make as many as I want appear and would prefer to just switch focus if one is already open. I could write a few lines to control this manually, but I'm just wondering if there's a more elegant way.

You pretty much asked this same question in another post (don't double post it tends to waste peoples time). But for an answer, I will recommend you use C#. If you even have a semi-decent grasp of C++, then learning C# should be fairly painless and quick. WinForms will soon becoming a good friend of yours. Its a wrapper around Win32 but isn't horrible and suicide enducing like MFC is.