HGE Website

Started by
5 comments, last by DeathRay2K 15 years, 1 month ago
Is anyone able to login or register for an account at HGE? I'm desperately trying to login and it says I can't because my account is inactive, and to contact the administrator. Neither of the 2 administrator emails work. Trying to register for an account and I never get the confirmation email. Sorry if this is a bad place to post this but I think there may be a chance Prof Eclipse comes by it and can figure this out? Great engine, but no support if the site can't get new users, or old ones can't login :(
- A momentary maniac with casual delusions.
Advertisement
Yep, I've had that problem with their website as long as I've known about HGE...
What email service does the email address you signed up with use? I came across this engine a couple days ago and saw a thread regarding an issue like this, and one of the mods said that all email addresses that use a free service such as Gmail or Yahoo are instantly blocked upon sign up. Sounds like a bad idea if you ask me, but apparently they were having a lot of trouble with spam bots.
That seems to be right, I was able to sign up using an email on my own domain.
However, when I try to login I just get a white page. :p
Quote:Original post by MonkeyTrooper
What email service does the email address you signed up with use? I came across this engine a couple days ago and saw a thread regarding an issue like this, and one of the mods said that all email addresses that use a free service such as Gmail or Yahoo are instantly blocked upon sign up. Sounds like a bad idea if you ask me, but apparently they were having a lot of trouble with spam bots.

Yeah, maybe not the best solution, but it was unfortunately necessary.

Dave (AKA ProfEclipse)
Quote:Original post by DeathRay2K
That seems to be right, I was able to sign up using an email on my own domain.
However, when I try to login I just get a white page. :p

Is this still happening? The site's up and working, so I don't know what would cause that except maybe something in your browser cache.
It still happens, and I've tried clearing my cache, even tried with different browsers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement