directx problem

Started by
3 comments, last by iammfa 15 years, 1 month ago
Hi all, i'm beginner in programming with directx, i download DXSDK Nov2008 successfully and install it, i'm programming with visual c++ 6, 1- i run tutorial 01 "creating device" by running file "CreateDevice.cpp" 3- Adding the DirectX directories to the VC++ build path like (Executable files,Include files, Library files) 2- i press compile the program give this message: Error executing cl.exe. CreateDevice.obj - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) the same message with all sdk tutorials examples i hope know my wrong regards MFA
Advertisement
How about the actual error message, which must be a line above or something?
(you might also want to get a compiler that's a bit more recent, VC++ Express is free)
You need a more recent version of Visual C++. From the installation notes for the DirectX SDK (November 2008):
Quote:
This SDK installs on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Vista using Visual Studio .NET 2005 or 2008.

Even if it were not an actual requirement, I would equally encourage you to use the latest version of Microsoft's C++ compiler, as VC++ 6 is really, really obsolete.

You can freely download VC++ 2008 Express Edition from here.
thanks for reply, i trying download C++ 2008
All Done,
thanks
MFA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement