Sign in to follow this  
dwfait

VC++ 2008 Manifest Dependency issue

Hi. I was testing my project on my Dad's computer, and for some reason I got the configured incorrectly blah blah message, which you usually get when you fail to include the MSCRT DLLs. However, I included them, and it works on other systems. To cut a long story short, on an inspection of the manifest generated for the EXE, there is this:
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT" version="9.0.21022.8" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.CRT" version="8.0.50727.762" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
It's depending on the previous CRT as well as the current one? What? Why? The project is just using SDL and boost shared pointers. Nothing else. I can remove the lines from the manifest file manually and it works fine, but I would like to know why it's there in the first place. Thanks. [Edited by - dwfait on March 15, 2009 12:28:22 PM]

Noone? Noone with any hints as to where I may track down where this dependency is defined, or why it's even there?

maybe you're using a third party library that indirectly links to that particular version of the CRT; are you using statically linked libraries (LIBs) ?

You also need to check the compiler configuration on all the projects of your solution and be sure all the options match.