Sign in to follow this  
Sir Rogers

[web] Need help with MySQL server - it was hacked

Hello everyone, I know this is probably not the usual type of help request that you get, but I am in desperate need of help. I've spent days trying to find something that works, but I couldn't. I'm in need of help to restore my MySql server to functionality. I don't know how, but the server was hacked and the root account had all its access taken away. The only thing I can see when I use phpMyAdmin is the information_schema. It runs for a website, but the website used another account and that account still seems to have access to insert/update the tables in the database. So in a way it is still working, but I don't have any control over it anymore. The second account can't grant any priviliges, I already tried ... I need to know how I can "restore" the databases and add a root user with full priviliges to them again manually. Also are there log files that I could examine to find the IP of the intruder and intrusion timestamps? I will be really grateful to anyone who can help me with this. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Regards, Sir Rogers