Sign in to follow this  

Regarding mipmapping a 3d texture [DONE]

This topic is 3196 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I have enabled mipmapping on 3D textures for a simple texture slicer. I have the mipmapping working alright. What i want to do is view all the mipmap levels. I have a small quad rendered on screen that shows the current slice from the 3d texture. I use keyboard to move across the 3d stack. This is working fine. What i want to do now is to cycle through the mipmap levels? how can i do that? I have used gDebugger and it shows all of my mipmap levels along with the data contained in them. I want to do the same but how can i do that? I have one more question about mipmapping currently i have set the min and max filter params to be
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);

If i set the max param to anything other than GL_LINEAR, the state machine reports an error. I want to know why i get this behaviour. [EDIT: I managed to do it. For anyone else who might face this, here is how you can change the current mip map level.
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_BASE_LEVEL, mipLevel); 

I would still want to know why i cant set anything else for the magnification param? Thanks, Mobeen [Edited by - mobeen on March 16, 2009 5:55:02 AM]

hello friend,

i have the same problem but i need to render a data of (x,y,z) were stored in text file. I did the rendering and but the 3d shape was not complete. I mean it was like slices of x and y separated by z. The tree which i want to render was like separated slices. Could u please help me with my problem if possible since ur good in opengl programming?

Hi HHKUPM,

Quote:
Original post by HHKUPM
I did the rendering and but the 3d shape was not complete.

Could u please elaborate this? I don't understand what u mean by '3d shape was not complete'?

Quote:
Original post by HHKUPM
I mean it was like slices of x and y separated by z. The tree which i want to render was like separated slices.

From this I believe you have a data file containing XY images stacked in the Z axis. Is that what u mean?

Quote:
Original post by HHKUPM
Could u please help me with my problem if possible since ur good in opengl programming?

Sure, can u please identify the part that is bothering you perhaps posting the source snippets where applicable? I am not that good at it but atleast I can try to help.

Thanks,
Mobeen

This topic is 3196 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.