• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Bryce Bangerter

OpenGL Consistent Vertex Transformation

This topic is 3415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am in the process of porting an Xbox title to Mac/PC using OpenGL. In one of our loading screens we have several 2D images tiled together. However, at certain screen resolutions I'm getting a pixel gap between my tiled pieces - but only at certain resolutions - other resolutions work fine. Rendering is done using glBegin (GL_QUADS) and then passing in the 4 vertices. Regardless of screen resolution the same values are used for the vertex positions. These are then further offset with calls to glTranslatef. So for example the first image might be a 256x256 image and be drawn with vertex positions 0,0 - 256,0 - 256,256 - 0,256. The second image is then drawn using the exact same coordinates after a call to glTranslatef (256, 0, 0) is made - so should be at 256,0 - 512,0 - 512,256 - 256,256. The second image however is actually being drawn at 257,0 - 513,0 - 513,256 - 257,256 At this point I believe something wierd is going on with the vertex transformation not being consistent across draw calls. Now I had thought I'd seen a flag a couple months back (while researching something else) that could be set to insure that ogl produce consistent results with vertex transformations, but so far I have been unable to relocate that source of information. If some one could kindly point me in the right direction with either the flag name itself or the ogl call used in setting this particular flag, thanks.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!