The Z-Buffer for the Mutiple Render Target

Started by
2 comments, last by remigius 15 years, 1 month ago
I was use MRT for a "render to target" algorithm. I need Z-test to be on. And from the SDK I known I should create my own DepthStencil surface to make the size match. But as I have two render target (eg. 512X512 each),what size do I need to create My DepthStencil surface,512X512 or 1024X1024? I have set it to 512X512,but it seems that the z-test doesn't work, Is there any other things I need to do to achieve this?
Advertisement
Your DS surface should be 512x512, to match the dimensions of your render targets.
Quote:Original post by MJP
Your DS surface should be 512x512, to match the dimensions of your render targets.

You are right, I'd resoved it. Thanks for reply!
Quote:Original post by MJP

While matching the dimensions does sound like the right way to do things, I recall a larger depth/stencil would still work in MDX without any complaint from the debug runtimes. Has that changed more recently or did I just get lucky back then? [smile]
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement