Sign in to follow this  
Attanar

Any tutorial C++ to C#?

Hi there. I have studied C++ and Java, and as far as I've seen C# seems to be very similar to C++ with some other Java features such as garbage collection, every class inheriting from a super class, etc. So the thing is, I don't want to start a C# tutorial from zero level, since I already know most of what I have to know about classes, polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, etc. I guess there must be many people in my same situation, that already learned Java or C++ before they started with C#, so I wonder if someone knows about any C# tutorial focused to people like me. Thanks in advance for your help.

I know of no such tutorial (and I have a low opinion of tutorials in general anyway). There have been books published that introduce C# from the perspective of a C++ programmer, you may want to look into those.

Otherwise you might just try skimming over the bare-bones introductory material to whatever C# reference material you find, referring back to it only if you discover you've missed something. I found C# to be relatively easy to pick up by just practicing it -- trying to build something and augmenting that with reference manuals when I ran in to trouble.

Quote:
I have studied C++ and Java, and as far as I've seen C# seems to be very similar to C++ with some other Java features such as garbage collection, every class inheriting from a super class, etc.

Huh? What kind of C++ have you been doing?
Java or C# programming is completely different to C++ programming.

C# and Java are very similar though. You could say C# is a better Java.

Quote:
Java or C# programming is completely different to C++ programming.

I never said programming is the same, but C# syntax and semantics are built from C++, which, apart from the obvious simmilarities between every programming language (and specially between object oriented ones) makes both even more similar. I have read some C# source code and any C++ programmer can easily understand what it does.

Quote:
We used .NET Book Zero for the C# workshop. It covers C# for someone familiar with C or C++.

Thank you very much, it seems pretty much what I was looking for. I'll give it a try now.