Sign in to follow this  
dietepiet

AMD code analyst in Visual Studio 2005

Hi all, I installed the AMD code analyst and it automatically integrated with my visual studio environment. Now, for each profiling sample I can obtain the corresponding asm instruction, but I cant automatically get the corresponding c++ code. From what I saw in the documentation, this should be possible. Anyone any suggestions on what I might have forgotten. Do I need to set some special compilation settings for this? Thanx, Dietger

Thanx for your replay,
I tried adding my source directory, but that does not seem to help much. I noticed that I only have the problem when compiling the project in Release mode. When compiling with Debug mode, it works fine. Profiling in debug mode is however not very useful.

Do you have gernated pdb-files for yor release build? If not: maybe that is the reason for your issue. You can generate them explicitly in your project settings. I am not sure but maybe the pdb's will only generated for your debug build.

Kimmi

Well, you where right that no pdb-files where generated. But having them enabled does not make any difference. I cant think of any other difference between debug and release mode, other than a few optimization flags.

Quote:
Original post by dietepiet
Well, you where right that no pdb-files where generated. But having them enabled does not make any difference. I cant think of any other difference between debug and release mode, other than a few optimization flags.

There's a lot of differences between debug and release modes, one of which is that no debug symbols are created. Maybe try adding that?

What you might want to do is copy your Release configuration and call it Profile, and undo the changes you have made to Release. You probably don't want to have debug symbols, etc. active for your Release build.

Good luck!