Sign in to follow this  
maxest

NVPerfHUD - "Instrumented driver not found"

I've installed everything that was in the PerfKit including the driver, which is listed in my adapters' list. So I choose this adapter and try to see all these profiling charts. However, there is a statement "Instrumented driver not found" in every window. What's wrong? I have a GF8400M and the driver didn't actually want to install so I did it manually. But this is not the case I guess..

Quote:
Original post by MJP
Do the instrumented drivers support laptop GPU's?
My notebook (with a GeForce 9600M GT) works at least. Sorry I can't be of more help, though.

Have you included the correct code for the create device? Have you made sure the adapter being used is indeed Perfhud? ( usually the last adapter )

Now it's got really mad... DX doesn't display PerfHUD driver anymore. I have even reinstalled the whole application with the driver. And nothing.

I also wanted to update a "normal" driver (I found on NVidia website they now support notebook drivers) and I was surprised it didn't want to install automatically. I guess I will need to go back to Vista soon to make this all stuff work :P