Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey all, whadaya think?

This topic is 6004 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My opinion (may be wrong).

Good :
-Day and Night

Bad :
-graphics style old-Nintendo (or gameboy)
-lack of variety, such all tree with same same shape..
-bad players, i don't like to play with a homer-simpsons player ;-)

[images]http://www.rpgmaniatikos.net/dibujos/sprites/chrono/chron_chronorun.gif[/images]

Edited by - eng3d on June 29, 2001 11:34:21 AM

Guest Anonymous Poster
Personally I like it. We have to remember that we can''t expect every game to look like a final fantasy or anything like that. I don''t think I could make any kind of RPG or advnture game right now, so how could I possibly insult this one?

Nice job.

I like the day and nightthing. You should do alot of stuff with that.

Probably the reason people are unimpressed is because walking around isn''t gonna be too cool-looking anyway. If you do anything else with the game, post some other screenshots.

It looks like it could be an interesting game. Just make sure that you don''t tile the same texture too much. Throw some tiles with anthills or flowers on every once in a while.

They''re nice and clean. Maybe crisp is a better word. Often it''s better to have cartoon-like sprites because they''re easy to do well. When you start dabbling with photo-realism it gets a lot harder to make something that fits with the other tiles and sprites, tiles seamlessly (where needed), and so on.

I like it too, agree that you need some variety on tiles, but I dont blame you, I am sure this is not the final thing right? if it was you would be directing us to the game itself, so I understand that you dont have that many tiles.

Keep the good work, and tell us when you are done.

As some one from teh Verge and sphere communities (game makers that do retro style snes style games on teh Verge and Sphere 2D engines) i think its very good. Needs a litle bit more variety as some one else mentioned in the tiles, and id subdue the colors a bit, there a little to saturated. Does teh day and night change slowly or instantly?.

ncie all teh same.