Please Try my Game

Started by
48 comments, last by CPlasmaGuns 22 years, 9 months ago
Hello This is a game I have been working on for a while but I haven''t got a lot of input so far, especially from other programmers. Please post your opinion here. It''s called Andradion 2. If you can, download from the download.com site, but if that doesn''t work for some reason just use the direct link. It requires DirectX 3 at the minimum, but DirectX 7 is required for music and some graphics effects. It can run on NT 4 and 95, and on low-end Pentiums. If you post, please don''t just talk about how bad the graphics are! It really wasn''t something we were concentrating on. Download.com site (so I can keep track of the # of downloads): http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10036-100-2366158.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.2366158 Direct Link: http://home.inreach.com/clkawa/and2demo.exe Thanks for your time CPlasmaGuns
Advertisement
Great game. It installed perfectly, and the first time i booted it up, it worked fine but for some reason the fire button wasn''t working. Maybe it was just my keyboard but i don''t know. so then i restarted it and played it again. I skipped past the story screen and it locked up on me. I then had to restart my computer.Also, when on the menu screen, when i selected singleplayer, the main menu didn''t disappear and i couldn''t read what the second screen said. And also, get rid of that whole when-you-get-hit-your-screen-turns-red thing. it very distracting. anyway, all in all it was a good game and it had a lot of cool effects but a few glitches and i know you said dont complain about the graphics but the screen resolution was way too low. Try to make it at least 640x480 if you can. all these problems might be because of my system setup and not your fault.

oh BTW i have a 400mhz AMDK62, an 8mb video card and 64mb ram running on Windows 2000 professional

X4J
X4J
Actually, that menu screen glitch probably isn''t your fault. Windows 2000 for some reason sometimes has a problem with the menu screen where you can''t read what''s there because the old words don''t "disappear". BTW... if anybody has a speculation about why that happens I would like to hear it. It''s good to know that you sounded like you liked the actual gameplay. Anyway, I have gotten complaints about the screen turning red, and I''ll look into changing it.
I''m reposting here to see if I can try for any more responses for this old topic . . . come on, try it try the game! I would really like to hear the opinions of more fellow programmers. You may think that from Sickilla''s message that this game is horribly unstable, but I have tried this game on lots of computers, and his was the worst case I have ever heard and is apparently very rare.
Well...... the graphics (yeah i know that wasn''t the point) but they were .... anyways the gameplay kinda sucked because if you wanted to shoot your opponent you had to let him shoot you at the same time which is kinda bad. I didn''t have any freeze up problems or any tech probs I''m running TNT2 and w98. I didn''t play for more then two minutes but the sound was decent.
DONT FUCKING DOWNLOAD THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude your game fucked up my computer bad, you need to close your download link, something is horribly wrong with your code, after closing my browser all kinds of terrible shit started happening error messages left and right display changing inverting colors all kinds of shit man. WTF is wrong with you, dont distribute your game if you dont even know what your doing. I learned a valuable lesson now to NOT DOWNLOAD SHIT OFF THE NET AND RUN IT UNLESS I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IT IS. I almost wonder if it was a virus!!!!!!!!! I had to reset my puter it was so froze and now I have some errors in my hardrive. If you dont know what your doing dont modify DLL files you fuckin idiot. I guess I should be at fault for running it but FUCK THAT I was trying to do you a favor and test your game. If I have to reinstall windows and everything I''m going to be FUCKIN PISSED
wrong topic, soz

Edited by - warm0ng3r on July 11, 2001 11:42:00 AM
For real? Thanks for the warning Psylocybe, I was about to dl it when I saw your post. Are you sure it was the game and not something else?

---
No game will ever rule more than CBT!
---Mikael Lax
hmm... I seriously doubt my game did that to your computer, Psylocybe. It's impossible that it could do so much damage as to make someone reinstall Windows. Like I said, it was the first case I've seen it make someone restart their computer when Sickilla had that problem: I've probably tried this game on 30 or so computers personally with the biggest problems being the menu screen didn't look right (the text didn't dissappear) and a screen saver caused the game to terminate. I don't modify any dll's, and the only file that is ever loaded with write access is the progress10.dat file which remembers your times and best scores. You should really reconsider the fact that the game made your computer freeze especially when nothing bad happened until you closed your browser. Also, if you are going to explain how it froze your computer I would appreciate if you used punctuation and clearer descriptions and that kind of stuff. If any very suspicious individual wants to see the code for the game, post your e-mail or e-mail me and I will send it.

edit- By the way you guys, the multiplayer isn't finished yet. Don't try it. If there are ever two or more people playing a multiplayer game, it will definitely freeze then. There's a message saying that multiplayer is not available, but from the people who have already replied to this I see that I have to be real careful about that sort of thing And another thing: this game has been on download.com for about a year now and it hasn't been taken off and nobody who posted opinions complained about it crashing

Edited by - CPlasmaGuns on July 11, 2001 4:39:45 PM
Yeah it was the game, after everything was closed and the display flashed back to the resolution that the game was running at and I got error''s at that resolution. The strange thing was I got error''s I have never even seen before. In odd colors and strange looking message boxes... that''s why it scared me it was a virus game. After rebooting when running scandisk my HD had an error in it saying "DLL file entry too long" or something very similar to that and now I also have bad blocks in my HD. I haven''t had any problems since reboot and hopefully that''s all that stupid game did to it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement