Delphi .. Urgh

Started by
-1 comments, last by Wavarian 22 years, 10 months ago
I know this is off the subject of OpenGL, but im sick of asking everywhere else. Ive been using resource files linked to my excutable to hold all my textures for my game. Overtime, my the .Res file has increased to well over 1mb, and im sick of having to constantly send a friend a copy of my slightly updated game (a few lines of code changed) so that they can test it. So im thinking, well, i could put the resource file into a .dll file instead, and just send the 40kb excutable everytime i change something in it. What i decide to do is create a new dll project, add the line {$R ResFile.Res} and then compile to myLibrary.dll In my game then, i thought that by simply adding the new lines: var DllHandle:HINST; DllHandle:=LoadLibrary(''myLibrary.dll''); LoadTextures(DllHandle); FreeLibrary(DllHandle); my game would simply do as it were doing before only using DllHandle instead of my program''s hInstance. The game compiles without an error, and then when i run it, it pops up with an annoying messagebox which doesnt help me at all. I dont think myLibrary.dll is a proper library file, because it causes the error. Could anyone who is using delphu tell me how to create a resource dll and load it from my game? Thanks - wAVaRiaN

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement