Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Borland C++ Builder question

This topic is 6011 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know how to delink the VCL from my project I really don''t want the VCL in my game at all. I''ve tried everything I can think of but the builder seems to be very much tied in with the VCL.

Umm, I''ve never had this problem with Borland C++ Builder 5.5.
Did you create a new "console" application, deselect all options (choose your desired langauge)? That makes a Win32 GUI application.

Okay, well if you created a VCL application you can create a new application with the console wizard, copy all your files, add them to the new project, and save it up. That should fix it. I''m no BCB pro since I just started using it, so I don''t know my way around the project settings.

lol
Okay, if you don''t want to do this. If you have NO VCL lib uses in your application, you can delete the generated project files and do a clean build. That should do it. If you need VCL and want to release it with no DLLs or outside components, you can deselect "Use Dynamic RTL" under Linker and also Deselect Build with runtime packages under Packages