Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LogSoulz

deconstructing exceptions woes...

Hello, I''m having trouble with deconstructing my SceneGraph class. Exception would be thrown, why I don''t know... Help me out here ya''ll. my class hierarchy: I have 3 classes KSceneGraph, KTransformNode, and KGeoNode derived from KObject class. KSceneGraph contains a list of KTransformNodes and KtransformNodes contain a leaf node which is a KGeoNode object. Here is a simple console program to illustrate my problem:
KSceneGraph root;

int main()
{

char text_1[50];
	char text_2[50];
	char text_3[50];

KTransformNode* node;

node = new KTransformNode();
	node->init();

root.attachTransformNode(node);

delete node; //throws exception here...

return 0;

}

And the part that is the problem...this is where the debugers get stuck at...
KTransformNode::~KTransformNode()
{

while(head->next !=NULL)
	{
		current = head->next;
		head->next = current->next;
		delete current;
	}

delete GeoNode;

delete head;

}

All help appreciated.

What are ''head'' and ''current'' in your KTransformNode destructor?

Are the aLso KTransformNodes?

When you construct whatever it is, are you setting the ->next value to NULL initially? If you do not set it to NULL in the beginning, when you do if (head->next != NULL) it will most likely still pass even if it was never assigned a node. So you will be trying to destruct something that is not really there.

Otherwise I would use Run To Cursor in Debug to the first line of the destructor and step through, checking the values of each pointer before it is destructed.

Seeya
Krippy

Thanks!

I fixed it. Seems like it was caused by the ordering or the deconstruction(whatever that means), so I implemented a free_node method which does the desconstruction, and it works! Yay, it feels so good after a long session of bug slaying, and heck no I don't like bugs. I sound like they're my friends or something, anyway to the coffee machine!

node->free_nodes();
delete node;

Edited by - LogSoulz on June 29, 2001 9:09:07 PM