Creating a WINDOW !!

Started by
20 comments, last by Metal Typhoon 22 years, 9 months ago
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Hi...

well, I gues that if you want to programm videogames with a basic knowledge od C++ you''re gonna have problems.... really

I really prefer programing on Linux-gtk, MUCH MUCH easyer than on windows , and you use about 10 lines of code to create a window ( vs 70 from windows)

how ever... I strongly recommend you "tricks of the Windows game programming gurus" to get started on windows game programing =)

nice day

jakovo

Well, I know that u can use opengl for Linux, but what about Directx , no ! But you know, i''m still think to change my OS to LINUX !!

My only problem is will my internet work. I have bellsouth DSL so to instal the disk ? will that work ! that''s why i''m worried !
See ya !!!

"The shortcut is not always the best way "

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Advertisement
You can get DSL to work by manually setting up your IP and DNS settings (one great thing about linux, no need to reboot after fiddling around with your network settings).

My take on the disks companies give you, don''t use them. They usually install so much !@#$ that''s completely unnecessary.

But as a suggestion, and don''t try to take this the wrong way, if you need a disk to get DSL set up on windows, I wouldn''t suggest linux right away. Learn a little on how to manually configure windows settings, as in most versions of linux, you''re going to have to manually set up some of your configurations. (Though, that is changing with newer, more user friendly versions as of late)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement