Creating a WINDOW !!

Started by
20 comments, last by Metal Typhoon 22 years, 9 months ago
Hi. Since i know c++ the basic already, I want to jump to windows programming. ok, i know it a little hard but can anyone tell me how to create a window using win32 API , and nto MFC ? one thing i think i'll have to include is windows.h right ? Oh if you don't want to write anything just tell me a web site so i can check it out. Thanks i really appreciate your help. One more time THANK YOU "The shortcut is not always the best way " Metal Typhoon Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 29, 2001 8:03:46 PM
Metal Typhoon
Advertisement
You don''t know the basics or you would know how, if you had half a brain you know that you should go buy a book on windows programming for those answers. Your threads are so common and your questions so easily found in a book that you really are getting annoying. This forum is not your personal reference.
K man! i won''t ask anymore !

"The shortcut is not always the best way "

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
I highly recommend this tutorial on Win32 by theForger.
This is exactly what you need if you''re going the non-MFC route.

"Don''t be afraid to dream, for out of such fragile things come miracles."
quote:Original post by MiniZap
You don''t know the basics or you would know how, if you had half a brain you know that you should go buy a book on windows programming for those answers. Your threads are so common and your questions so easily found in a book that you really are getting annoying. This forum is not your personal reference.

The thread is called for beginners that is the entire purpose of this forum. And some people don''t want to pay $50 for a beginners book.
As I said its for beginners not for people who need to buy some books. I bought a perfectly good newbie book for $35 and its my favorite one I own!
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Original post by MiniZap

The thread is called for beginners that is the entire purpose of this forum. And some people don''t want to pay $50 for a beginners book.

Thanks man ! Redleaf i''ll take a look at that k ! thank too !

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
What are the ways u can create a window ? I know that Win32 API is one, also MFC. Are those the only ones ?

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
quote:What are the ways u can create a window ? I know that Win32 API is one, also MFC. Are those the only ones ?

Yes and no.

The win32api is the only way to create a window under Windows. MFC is a framework that abstracts the win32api . So by the MFC definition you technically can use various different frameworks like YACL , WCL , and BCL for example. They are alternative window frameworks you can use as well. Please note that these are not the only other options)
DirectX, OpenGL, SDL , etc all provide their own unique interfaces for creating windows as well. Some attach to win32api window you make, others create their own. The bigger question is what kind of window do you need? Are you just inquiring to obtain cleft knowledge on this subject or do you need to acomplish something in particular? In any event, the words in bold are easily looked up by just about any search engine on the net and can even yield detailed information about how to create a window...

YAP-YFIO
-deadlinegrunt

Edited by - deadlinegrunt on June 29, 2001 12:55:37 AM

~deadlinegrunt

K i got u. I have one more question. If i want to use a OpenGL or DirectX stuffs do i have to create their own window, like i'm using OpenGl i have to create a OpenGl window ? or can i just create a window using win32 and then put openGL ?

Metal Typhoon

Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 30, 2001 1:32:29 AM
Metal Typhoon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement