Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ekim

Getting Started

Ekim    122
What is a good way to get started i know opengl a little bit,dont know direct x . If any one has a good resource please help me out . Ekim Out,

tryforfulluse    122
Man come on there are tons of resoureces all over gamedev.net covering isometric / tilebased programming under OpenGL and DirectX, just go the articles section and try to find something. K? Utilize gamedev.

Ekim    122
Im new to gamedev.net so i dont know what is here and what isnt, and i am searching all over the web for every littel thing out there

Oluseyi    2103
The gamedev home page has a (formerly more prominent) link labelled For Beginners . Used to be Start Here .

A cursory search, either on this site or the net in general, will bring up tons of resources on whatever aspect of gamedev you're interested. Ignorance is not an excuse for lack of effort; get down to it and find what you're looking for!

The first rule to getting really helpful aid on the internet (and from hackers/programmers in general) is to try . Make an effort on your own, show what you're trying to acheive and then ask for help when you're stumped. Believe me, you'll get more hints and good wishes than you can handle. So don't take this the wrong way.

Edited by - Oluseyi on June 30, 2001 9:56:34 AM

TANSTAAFL    1160
with the new layout, articles, forums, and books are more closely related than ever before. when looking at the topic list for a forum, there is a link near the top of the page for "related resources", with "books" and "articles" underneath that. pretty much, if you can find the forum for what you are interested it, you can get to other resources related to that topic through those links.