hlo ppl im nu

Started by
10 comments, last by Noob Saibot 22 years, 9 months ago
hey dudes im nu 2 game meking n i jus lerned c+ n im planin 2 go lern more advanced languages liek c++ but i wannu mek a game b4 i go 2 lerninf nother lang n i decided to start w/ somfin small n c00l liek quake 1 mabe all im askin 4 is wut should i no 1st b4 writing it n r there ne tutorial on som better game dev siet 2 tell me how 2 start eking quake? thx ppl cya henry
Advertisement
I sincerely hope this is a troll, because if you are serious ...

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
cool shortform ..

try writing in 1337 language ... thats even harder to read..

{ Stating the obvious never helped any situation !! }
quote:Original post by Noob Saibot
hey dudes im nu 2 game meking ... 2 tell me how 2 start [m]eking quake?

Start Here.

'Nuff said.

Edited by - Oluseyi on June 30, 2001 10:03:12 PM
It seems that you like to type with words like seit. Maybe you should learn Assembly, it has stuff like MOV in it, so I think you''ll like it. As for Quake, you might want to put that off for a couple years, and start with a game like Pong.

C++
C++
Nyce 1
Shuldn u b make n scary code?

YAP-YFIO
-deadlinegrunt

~deadlinegrunt

Yep, I smell a troll.

Try here
quote:Original post by deadlinegrunt
Nyce 1
Shuldn u b make n scary code?

I should push you down the stairs
do you have stairs in your house?

scary codes belong to the pusher robot. he''s inferior
:sniff: troll? where''s my +3 flaming vorpal sword when i need it? EEP! damn, another D&D Relapse.
Alright, if you think Quake 1 is something small, then you are way off. You''re better off with something more realistic for a newbie, like Pong. Also, aside from your C++ books, you should buy one on writing skills (no offense, but seriously, you don''t want to be misspelling function and variable names every five seconds). As for another language, C++ should be fine, you don''t really need to learn another language to make games (except for english possibly). If you know C++, you should buy Tricks of the Windows Gaming Programming Gurus. That should help you. But seriously do not expect to be making Quake on your first project. It will be years before you make something like that, if at all. Start small, like Pong or Tetris, and work your way up.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement