Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JmarsKoder

gcc/g++ 3.0

I was wondering if the new version of the compiler is more ansi complient than privious versions. More specifically, I was very disapointed when I learned that G++ didn''t totally support vectors, more specifically, G++ didn''t have the .at() fuction in it''s live. I just need to know that problem is fixed in the new version. Reality Makes Me XIC I don''t do spelling, I hack code: passion is my feul. Use my programs, experience genius. http://www.x-i-c.com/

An important distinction needs to be made here. The GCC compiler itself is very ANSI-compliant. The problem is that the libraries distributed with it were not so up-to-date. The problem I had was that they didn''t have the new versions of the stringstream classes the last time I checked (ie. the ones using std::string instead of char*). And reading the FAQ, I was led to believe that no-one even noticed they weren''t there. So, I dunno. But the library gets updated separately from the compiler and you could try getting the latest version.