this is dead frustrating. sdk wont......

Started by
0 comments, last by gautam saini 22 years, 9 months ago
hello to the entire gamedev.net forum members. Well actually I am encountering a serious problem while installing directx8.0 sdk into my computer! Ok, when I give the complete installation option in the installation dialogue box, the directx 8.0 sdk is installed into my computer under the name c:\mssdk (where c is the hard drive). But whenever browse the installed mssdk directory, I come to know that only 20 mb (of total files are installed). Where as the total size of the sdk is about 526 mb. Where as in the C:\mssdk\samples\Multimedia folder, only three folders are created, that are direct3d, directdraw, directinput. And where as in the cd (from where I install sdk, cd named “beginning direct 3d game programming”, there are 13 folders named common,directinput,direct3d,directdraw,demos,direct music,direct play, direct show,media, misc, support,vb samples. Actually, the audio ones are irrelevant to me. But, I want to know why the files and folders in the common folder doesn’t get copied into my mssdk folder (because of which I am unable to compile my basic.cpp source code) I am dead frustrated, coz after giving all the installation options (customize, retail, debug, complete, runtimes only) I am unable to install full directx8.0 sdk into my machine! I have windows 98 se. I hope my friends out there in gamedev.net could help me, coz this is making me demotivated into learning something which I always wanted to! Thanks. (if anyone require any more info on my problem can mail me at gautam_offset@hotmail.com)
lets make game real!!!!
Advertisement
Did you un-install Directx7 before installing DX8?
Or maybe you have a corrupt SDK package. Try downloading it from Microsoft.com or ordering it on CD.

Also, you may want to check your system for viruses.

Game Download  ZeroOne Realm

Downloads:  ZeroOne Realm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement