Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Ok...

Guest Anonymous Poster
There are very few good books about OOP. Generally, the larger the books are, the worse they are. I would recommend reading the C++ Annotations, which you can easily find out on the internet by looking them up in a search engine. They cover how to do things correctly in C++, and they're not full of useless info like most of the books.

blue

I'm not sure. I learned from The C++ Programming Language, 2nd ed. by Bjarne Stroustrup. This is a good reference but I would not recommend it for learning. The latest edition is a bit better.

C++ How to Program by Dietel / Dietel was what I used to learn OO. I think it does a pretty decent job of explaining as well as giving a nice intro to C++ if you aren't real familiar with it.

I'll agree about Stroustrup's book though. It can be a valuable reference but is about as much fun as reading a dictionary.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Thanks. I was thinking along the lines of using a base 'item' and then breaking things down from there...but I wasn't sure. Can you recommend a good book on OOP that covers everything I would need?