CertMgr Windows Vista Missing Certificates

Started by
0 comments, last by WebsiteWill 15 years ago
Hello all: Has anyone had trouble with Windows Vista(64) not displaying a certificate installed to the personal store? I've created a certificate with MakeCert and when I try to install it to the MY (Personal) store I get a success message but it doesn't actualy appear in CertMgr. In some C# code I can instantiate an X509Store and with the right settings I can actually see that the certificate is there, however, it's an invalid cert (only shows in the collection is I pass a parameter to show ALL certs, not just valid certs). Furthermore, if I double click the cert and Install it from there using the default settings recommended the certificate actually does show up in CertMgr, except it's under the Intermediate Certification Authorities tab. I've tested this same method on a Windows XP box and it shows up in my personal store as it should. I'm an administrator on the Vista box (thought this is my first week with Vista so I'm most likely just missing some silly step here). Any thoughts? Thanks, Webby
Advertisement
Nevermind, found my own answer.

http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/microsoft.public.platformsdk.security/2003-10/0276.html

Turns out the cert won't show up in CertMgr unless there is a private key associated with it.

Webby

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement