what is the minimum length of a mp3 file?

Started by
1 comment, last by riruilo 14 years, 12 months ago
Hi! I'm editing a file which is about 250 ms with adobe audition, but when I play it on my game in loop mode, it seems longer. Then if I open it with Audition, seems longer. So, my question is: What is the minimum length mp3 file? Thanks.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Advertisement
mp3s tend to get padded out at the end, and I believe the quantity of padding depends on the encoder. I'd suggest using another file format instead.

Ogg vorbis is similar quality and size to mp3, but patent free, and it doesn't change the length at all. Alternatively use plain uncompressed wavs for short bits of audio and avoid the decompression overhead completely.
Quote:Original post by Adam_42
mp3s tend to get padded out at the end, and I believe the quantity of padding depends on the encoder. I'd suggest using another file format instead.

Ogg vorbis is similar quality and size to mp3, but patent free, and it doesn't change the length at all. Alternatively use plain uncompressed wavs for short bits of audio and avoid the decompression overhead completely.

Thanks! I will do it
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement