• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Havok debugger, sending parameters?

This topic is 3320 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This questions goes out to anyone with experience with Havok. Does anyone know if there is a way to control parts of the Havok debugger through the link to it from the code? Basically, what I want is a way to setup the camera on the visual debugger so that it matches what I have in the game view. I could do this by sending the camera frustum values to the debugger, like FOV, near-plane, far-plane, position, orientation, etc. This would make it very easy to match what you're seeing on the game to what you see in the debugger.

Advertisement
Yes, there are functions in the visual debugger library that allow you to set a game camera, and other primitives such as spheres and lines and such.

I believe it's somethign like

HVK_VDB_GAME_CAMERA() or something, and you pass it all the information you mentioned, once per frame.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!