• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

I am entirely new to game design.

This topic is 3229 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well i am entirely new to Game Design and i would like to know which is the best software for creating Video Games?

Advertisement
Quote:
would like to know which is the best software for creating Video Games?
There isn't.

There are many roles required in making a game. Roughly, at least, you can cleave the work down to those who the programming and those who make the content (you can draw very well, you are a musician perhaps). Which side do you fall on?

Or perhaps you weren't thinking of roles as above? Rather, you want to make a game by yourself, and would like to know where to start. Then you absolutely must learn to program. In that case, I suggest reading the For Beginners section, various articles here, the gamedev wiki (Google if you have trouble finding it), previous forum posts here, and more Googling. You should have an idea of what is involved and what you need to start doing.

Perhaps this person doesn't want to program at all, but merely make a game? In such a case, look into software like GameMaker. Some technical skills and planning are needed to create any type of game, but software like GameMaker greatly reduces the effort one must go through in order to produce something meaningful.

Oler12 i am a musician and i am taking a course on programming i will work alone for a while and if i see that the work load is too much i will find someone to help me.But all i would like to know is which game making software do you recommend?

It might be helpful if you mentioned what programming language(s) you're learning, since you're currently taking a programming course.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement