SlimDX+PIX+64-bit?

Started by
1 comment, last by freka586 14 years, 12 months ago
Hi, I just wanted to check if there are any known issues with running PIX on SlimDX programs using 64-bit Vista? My basic attempt consisted of launching the 64-bit PIX and pointing it to e.g. the MiniTri sample program I just built. This always seems to result in "Target Program Unexpected Exit". Now, I have never previously used PIX so I may be missing some vital parts here. Sorry if that is the case... If I do not want to perform any fancy kind of profiling, would I still need to do modifications to the MiniTri project? My initial idea has been that things should run out-of-the-box, but one can *hinder* PIX by adding compile flags? Thanks in advance, Fredrik
Advertisement
SlimDX has no particular issues when working with PIX.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Yeah, I figured that this is some case of user error! It turns out that it works fine when running against x86-built versions of MiniTri but fails ("Failure creating process") when trying on explicit 64-bit build, and the previously mentioned error when using AnyCPU.

I can probably manage with using 32-bit compiled version for now, but it would be very interesting to hear if anyone has successfully used "full 64-bit" (OS, PIX, code). And the steps/circumstances needed to get there...

I noticed some previous posts on issues with PIX on 64-bit, but I am using the March 2009 which solved those problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement