• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Making a 3d game what ideas do you have?

This topic is 3314 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

basic description: it will be a simulation of a new world like earth including these features = online play (online game) with single player sandbox vehicles that can be driven ,crashed raced, piloted ,drowned ,stolen and blown up into a million pieces real life situations like ,the credit crunch, war’s ,jobs ,crime ,playday,sex ,famlies ,shops, conserts,ipod,smoking ,drugs ,radio stations and loads more comming soon create your own story ,example = make your own dream life ingame talk to frends ingame with text , microphone ,or a virtual mobile start frendships ,wars ,games ,snowball fight lol buy houses ,cars anything really (ipods , planes ,cars - just steal them lol start buisinesses , get a job make your own cars , players and houses a lot like san andreas but a lot better using modded ogre game engine any ideas ,tips etc p.s looking for developers visit = www.openuk.co.cc [Edited by - gordliamjack on April 23, 2009 9:51:22 PM]

Advertisement
At first I was going to recommend Ogre, open source graphics engine. But after reading your post a few more times I have something else to recommend http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Game-Programming-Direct-9-0c/dp/1598220160/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240393869&sr=8-2
It seems that you really don't have any concrete plan for the game. Ideas are nothing until you have truly begun development.

Nowhere are you going to find a complete solution for any major project.

[Edited by - Psykocyber on April 22, 2009 7:39:50 AM]

Quote:
Original post by gordliamjack

a lot like san andreas but a lot better

This is very ambitious.

I don't mean to sound discouraging/condescending and I don't know of your experience in game development... but San Andreas was developed by a team of professional programmers with a large budget. Even with a decent game engine and a team of developers, the odds of it being comparable to a commercial quality game is pretty low.

Although if you manage to pull off completing this game... I would play it.

Quote:
Original post by c_olin
Quote:
Original post by gordliamjack

a lot like san andreas but a lot better

This is very ambitious.

I don't mean to sound discouraging/condescending and I don't know of your experience in game development... but San Andreas was developed by a team of professional programmers with a large budget. Even with a decent game engine and a team of developers, the odds of it being comparable to a commercial quality game is pretty low.

Although if you manage to pull off completing this game... I would play it.

iv'e got a team of about 10 people soo far

the game engine is ogre as the other guy suggested but the engine will be heavily modified with lots of new goodies like improved physics better shaders and ragdoll physics.

our budget is £2500 GBP not very much but it is a start.

P.S I know it seem's ambitious but don't all dreams? im just going to keep trying... :)

thanks for saying you will play it. (cheers)

want to try the alpha out when it is ready? (time frame 10-12 weeks lol)

It's possible, but you'll need some clues on how to build such large complex games. Find and use as much free mature tech as available. What you will need.

1>Mature simple and stable 3D engine (Ogre3d, Panda3D, Unity3D are good ones)
2>Robust scripting language (Lua, C#, Python, all good)
3>Good tools programmer devoted to making tools for this game, for this size project I suggest allocating 3 people to this task.
4>Many good scripters/desigenrs (They actually create the content for the game)
5>Good backend data support (mySql,Sqlite,all good) and a programmer who knows how to design a good data backend.
6>Good system architect to design how all the pieces will fit together.
7>Robust physics engine (Bullet,Newton,Havok good ones)
8>Great network programmer, if your intending to network this.

I'm sure there is more but this is just off top of my head.

Good Luck!

-ddn

hey guy's who keep saying it is like "second life"

it is going to be better than that because all that "second life" basically is chat and a couple of mini-games added in

p.s changed game engine to = render ware 4 used in Grand theft auto San Andreas managed to get a hold of a old licence from my local college cost money

online compatability = asking www.mtavc.com to develop networking support for me :)

compatibility

Microsoft Windows, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable

been working for 4 day's lol need sleep

visit = www.openuk.co.cc

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!