• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

3d format

This topic is 3223 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I m new to 3d, I need use some 3d files in C#.... Can suggest one format which can easily edited using C# and easier to use....?? Will 3ds file format help???

Advertisement
Editing a 3d file with c# would be tricky [smile]
I think you meant how to load 3d models with c#.You can look into *.x and *.fbx formats.DirectX can load *.x files and there are plugins that let you export 3d models from applications like 3ds max to the x format.You can easily load and display models with C#+XNA.

I hv used a 3ds loader in tao frame work, but to edit that 3ds file in c# is a tedious job.so i am lookin for another simple file format.......
I didnt get much details for editing 3ds format and about the chunks...So i am lookin for another format.I need to edit the 3d object dynamically..

can any one suggest abt any other easier format or details abt 3ds?

Actually my job is to construct a 3d model of human head from images...i found the feature points of human face and loaded a 3D generic model to C#, but i need to edit this generic model using the feature points..
This is a software that would help the game developers to have 3d model of celebrities from their images.

Initially i planned to do on 3ds format but now i got stuck..bcos i m not getting much aid to edit 3ds model in C#...can anyone help me????

Regards
GMV

Surely, rather than editing a 3d file, you would want to load it into a bunch of vertex and index buffers. Then you can render and edit those buffers in memory. Then save them again to disk once your done. I'm sure there plenty of info around on how to save verious 3d formats.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement