• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

MultiAnimation sample seems to be geared to only loading tiny

This topic is 3227 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have made my own 3D Model and exported in .X file.Now when i am referring my .X file in the MultiAnimation example of DirectX9 SDK, its not getting displayed.No error is coming, the code is getting compiled properly but my mesh is not getting displayed.I have put the animationset tag as that in the tiny_4anim.x file.Can anyone help me?

Advertisement
There could be quite a few things wrong...

- Model scale too large to fit in view frustum.
- Model faces might be "inside-out".
- Model not being lit/textured properly.
- The sample might be written specifically for the model it comes with.
- Animation data might not be what the sample expects, possibly transforming the model into some off-screen location.

Hey Nypyren,

Thanks for your reply.

Among the possible causes that you suggsted, I find the scale of the model the most probable problem. Sincs the model was big in 3ds max.
Can you please advice me on how to verify it? DirectX viewer shows the model properly but I guess it scales the modle to fit its window.
Now, as I mentioned that directx viewer displays the model properly, thus normals are not flipped the other side.
The ssample is quite generic since I've read in forums people modifying the example with their own model.
Animation data is someting which I can't make out. Can you please elaborate it a lil'?
Thanks a ton in advance .. any help from your side will be appreceated!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement