• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kyle10590

Help with GameEngine.h

This topic is 3498 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, I've had this book for a while Beginning Game Programming by Michael Morrison. It seems a good book. Teaches how to make a game engine, and how to use it (supposedly). But I'm having a lot of trouble. It doesn't tell me how to use the GameEngine.h header file. I always get an error that there is no file or directory. What do I do to make GameEngine.h work? Thanks.

Advertisement
You might be telling the compiler you want the file "GameEngine.h", but you probably aren't telling it where to look for it. You have to add the directory that "GameEngine.h" is in to your compiler's search/include path. It's a simple process, though I don't know what IDE you're using (assuming you're using one), so I can't give you specific instructions. This can usually be done by going into the project's options and then specifying additional include directories you want the compiler to look in.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!