• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Release build not working (thinks it's managed when it's not)

This topic is 3226 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have an issue running the release build of my project. I'm using VS 2005 and I have an unmanaged C++ exe which links in an unmanaged C++ dll. Initially I was getting a PInvokeStackImbalance break from the set of Managed Debug Assistants and once I'd turned those off I'm getting a System.EngineExecutionException error. My question isn't about those breaks, I'll investigate them seperately, my question is that I don't have /clr set on either of my release profiles for dll or exe so can anyone tell me why it's acting like it's managed when I execute it from within VS2005. Also, when I build with 'Enabled C++ Exceptions' set to Yes (/EHsc), it says it says it can't build with both /clr and /EHsc set - but /clr isn't set anywhere as far as I can see. Is this because I'm executing it from within Visual Studio 2005? The program does run from the explorer, but with unpredictable results - I'll investigate that seperately. This is almost like /clr is set but the properties dialog isn't showing it anywhere - 'Common Language Runtime Support' is set to 'No Common Language Runtime support' for all profiles and projects. My debug build works perfectly. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement