• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pbpiggott

Professional Football Game Released

This topic is 3323 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm happy to announce the first release from BarcodeGames.com The game can be downloaded from http://www.barcodegames.com It's the initial release, so all feedback is greatly appreciated. Professional Football Simulator (PFS) is a brand new product geared towards running an online football league. The game includes many features that will appeal to both players and commissioners. Check out the forum to read up on the latest bug fixes and features. Features: •Easy to use Sim Engine •Realistic and Fast Sim Engine... Sims entire seasons in seconds!! •Vast and Detailed Statistics •Multiple Records and Streaks for Players, Teams and League Wide •Multiple configuration settings •Realistic Scheduling •Trade Ability •Online Web Chatting built in •Upload Depth Charts and Play Calling tendencies through the game (FTP Site required) •Detailed Team and Player Pages •And more... Thanks! Brooks Piggott PFS Developer, BarcodeGames.com

Advertisement
I read your post and went looking on you site for more info, yet what you have posted here is all that your site states. Lets look at this from a users perspective, why should they purchase your product? You need to sell your game giving people information, possibly a demo etc.
Would you buy it only from the information you have supplied? I will be honest I would not even download a demo version.

Quote:
And more...
Tell us in some detail.

Sorry, it's a downloadable 3.8 mb application with an evaluation option to try before you purchase.

I definitely don't want people to buy it without trying the demo first so they get an idea of what the game entails.

The "And More" is just a catch all for features I'm constantly adding based on user feedback (Play By Play, Pro Bowl Selections, Historical Views of Standings are some that come to mind recently)

What does the simulation actually entail? Does it just randomly flip a coin and say that's the winnder? Is it analytical based on stats? Or does it actually simulate each play with different environmental and random factors, both of which include the teams/players/matches statistics?

In other words, how accurate is it?

There are attributes for each player that are calculated in a physics based model to run the play.

The statistical results typically fall within NFL norms.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!