• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
brekehan

Screen Viewport Problems?

This topic is 3346 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am not sure how to title this, because it needs a more lengthy explanation. Let it be known this is a DX10 application, using DXGI. When I start my application in Fullscreen mode I get the desired result - A spinning space ship in the center of my screen. When I start my application in Windowed mode, it is as if I am looking through a rectangle the size of the window into a window the size of the fullscreen. In otherwords, if the window is 1/4th the size of my desktop, I will see 1/4th of the scene I am expecting to see. The top left 1/4th. As soon as I resize my window I see the entire scene the way I am expecting to. However, in my initialization, I call the same routine that I do when resizing, so I am confused as to what is happening. I could rig it and just force the application to resize twice, but I'd rather figure out what is going on. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Here is my project all cleaned and zipped up, in case anyone wants to look at the source. I can't really post relevant code, because I am not sure what is happening or where to look.

Advertisement
Issue solved.
Viewport was created using fullscreen width and height instead of the windowed width and height.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!