• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LintfordPickle

Britonia - Medieval RPG

This topic is 3465 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Everybody, I would like to introduce my current game project to the community here at gamedev.net! I have been working on it now for about a year at a leasurely pace in my limited spare time. Originally I wanted to create a trading game similar to that of the old Elite games, with procedurally generated content. As the medieval era is my favorite for game settings, I decided to create a medieval RPG, and so I started to work on 'Britonia'. About te project: I am writing it in C# using XNA. So far I have been concentrating almost solely on the game world. As you can see from the screenshots below, I have implemented a procedural planet renderer, and a 'solar system' scene graph for the planets in the vacinity of Britionia, and it is possible to traverse the worlds and moons at the 'meter' level. Unfortunately, I wouldn't consider any part of the 'game' finished yet, as there are still a lot of things to be completed, but the screenshots are starting to look better with each passing month. I have had a lot of inspirations for this game, such as the original Elite, and Ysaneya's dev journal entries and Infinity! (which is awesome), and a few other places. I have also created a web site for the project and a dev journal which people will hopefully find useful, and whenever I have anything new to show, then I will update the site with screenshots aswell. Here is the my website For those of you interested, here is the
">latest Britonia video on youtube, and there are a few older videos on there aswell. As for the project, there is still a lot of work to be done, but as I am developing it for fun, I haven't set myself any deadlines or anything. What can I say, I'm optimistic :D Comments and constructive criticism are welcome :) -Lintford Pickle and some screenshots... View of mountains accross an ocean (obviously) Flying at high altitude - the scattering doesn't look to great in 

this shot, but the variables can be fine tuned to create different effects Looking down from a coastal hill

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!