I dont know any mongolians.

Started by
24 comments, last by speciesUnknown 12 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by LessBread

Ever met any one from Malawi? Honduras? Bhutan? Djibouti?

Not that I know, but I did meet someone from Eritrea.

----Bart
Advertisement
I suppose Eritrea could count as Djibouti. I just threw Djibouti in there because the name lends itself well to comic riffing in American English.

In college I was friends with a girl from Malawi. I've met people from El Salvador, Costa Rica and Panama, but never from Honduras (to my knowledge). I included Bhutan to round out the trio and because I wanted to add an Asian country to the list.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by speciesUnknown

did you even met any Lithuanian? Lithuania has somewhat larger population than Mongolia, and is part of EU; plus Lithuanians go to work in UK a lot (most people are taught English as second language).
I'm pretty sure I would not expect to meet any Mongolian, given that they are just 2.2 millions and given that it is real hard to migrate to developed countries from most of rest of the world (it may look to you like migration is too easy, but that's misleading)
Quote:Original post by LessBread
-- insert Ghengis Khan joke here --

Here's a way for you to meet Mongolians the next time you travel to London: Genghis Khan DNA test
attracts hordes of takers
(assuming the restaurant is still in operation).

hehehe insert Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy joke.
Maybe it's because Mongolians are nomads by nature and don't have the desire to travel in droves around the world? That and the fact that the entire country only has about 3 million people in it.

A friend of mine spent 2 years in Mongolia and upon return to the US met one at a mall in St. Louis. Turned out about 15 families all lived within a mile of eachother and they ate together every night. The only reason he knew they were Mongolian was from their accent.
The grad student who shared my cubicle space was from Inner Mongolia (although that's in northern China, not the nation of Mongolia).
This is the one and only mongolian I'd like to meet right now:

*nervously handles a pair of tape-scissors*
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Quote:Original post by speciesUnknown
Where are all the mongolians? It's as if they only live in Mongolia or something. I feel they are very under-represented.

They are everywhere.I saw them in London,for instance.They are even in
">Iraq.This is their second visit to Iraq,the first was in XIII century,when
">Chingis Khan captured Persia. Do not surprise that they speak on russian-Mongolia has a close links with Russia and China.[smile]

[Edited by - Krokhin on April 30, 2009 10:18:54 AM]

This is the one and only mongolian I'd like to meet right now:
313184958_56cfc38d3b.jpg?v=0

*nervously handles a pair of tape-scissors*

wow me too ^.^ she looks cool.
did you found this pic from google?

Thanks to my job selling burgers, which I only quit last year, I've met a huge variety of people in person. I've worked with kurds, arabs, asians afticans, north americans south americans and europeans I also went to a very mixed college, lived with pakistanis, poles, africans, south americans, north americans.Thanks to the internet ive also had conversations with israelies, palistinians (sometimes at the same time with interesting results)But I never met anybody from mongolia. I've not worked with a Mongolian, lived with a Mongolian, or chatted with a Mongolian on IRC.Where are all the mongolians? It's as if they only live in Mongolia or something. I feel they are very under-represented.[edit]Just to clarify - im aware that mongolia is in asia. The thing that puzzles me is that you can name nearly any country you like, and I can think of somebody I know or used to know who is from that country. Mongolia is an exception, despite its size and population count.

Hey we Mongolians are everywhere ^.^

[color="#1c2837"]Why is it important to meet someone from Mongolia?

Have you met any Mongolians?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement