Excel Macro Problem

Started by
1 comment, last by dmatter 14 years, 11 months ago
So, I decided to finally try to learn a bit about excel macros since I have a problem that I am working on that involves a huge amount of manual editing if I don't. I am having some trouble getting my code to work since I am unfamiliar with the language.

Sub DeleteRows()
    I = 0
    For c = 2 To 2343
        If I = 1 Then I = 0
        Else
            If Cells(c, 8) = 1 Then I = 1
            Else: Cells(c).EntireRow.Delete
            End If
        End If
    Next c
End Sub
The problem it runs into is that the bolded else is without an if. I am not sure exactly how to fix this, and I found some Visual Basic tutorials to start working through until I have a handle on the basics, but I was hoping somebody could point out the problem to me so I can finish up what I am working on first.
--------------------------http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/icons/icon51.gif ... Hammer time
Advertisement
Split the If...Then statement into multiple lines.

Sub DeleteRows()    I = 0    For c = 2 To 2343        If I = 1 Then            I = 0        Else            If Cells(c, 8) = 1 Then                I = 1            Else                Cells(c).EntireRow.Delete            End If        End If    Next cEnd Sub

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

If-Then-Else statements can only take one of these forms:

If A Then B Else C

or:

If A Then    BElse    CEnd If

You cannot mix and match between them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement