simil compute shaders

Started by
5 comments, last by giugio 14 years, 11 months ago
Hy. I would create an application that can use an intensive parallel gpu programming model , simil the compute shader in directx11. I have a lot of calc in parallel. The problem is that i have a hd470 ati card , and i can't use directx 11! Can i solve with cuda physic or so one for the ati card ? Thanks.
Advertisement
You can wait for OpenCL drivers for ATI cards. CUDA isn't available for ATI, only for NVIDIA.
ATI Stream Software Development Kit might interest you.
There is actually a compute shader profile (cs_4_0) that will run on DX10 hardware. You just need a DX11 driver for your GPU to use it. However it is more limited than cs_5_0, which requires new DX11 hardware.
Quote:
There is actually a compute shader profile (cs_4_0) that will run on DX10 hardware. You just need a DX11 driver for your GPU to use it. However it is more limited than cs_5_0, which requires new DX11 hardware.

but offer some increased prestation?
Where i can download it?
and also in the prestation is better the ATI Stream Software Development Kit or the compute shader?
For my purpose i have some floating point and heavy conditioning(if/else/switch/case).

thanks.
I would suspect that a properly designed ATI Stream SDK based solution would be your best bet for a fast runtime as you can write the code just for that GPU and take advantage of the various features of it directly.
thanks phantom.
I'm seek for documentation , but i dont find much.
My problem is that the "simil" compute shader must work with directx , than i must set the shaders for the graphics purpose and at the end of this shaders i run the "signed ATI Stream SDK based solution" , is possible ?
How(have you any link or examples)?
Another thing is the possibility of get some values from the "signed ATI Stream SDK based solution" of the result of operation, the shader model 4 support write on texture from the shader.
sorry for my english and my ignorance and thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement