Bindless Graphics - OpenGL

Started by
5 comments, last by Kambiz 14 years, 11 months ago
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/bindless_graphics.html Pretty Cool... Thoughts? Is there something similar to this in DX? I am anxious to try this out personally, I think this offers some interesting improvements. [Edited by - AverageJoeSSU on April 29, 2009 3:29:11 PM]

------------------------------

redwoodpixel.com

Advertisement
Thanks to NVIDIA OpenGL is getting some really interesting extensions that will hopefully become part of the core soon. Especially EXT_direct_state_access and these new ones.
Very cool extensions, removing the draw call bottlenecks and allowing pointer memory access in the shader...damn nice stuff. Now get ATI to support it.
[EDIT] Removed, as I mixed this up with DSA.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
So if you have a complex object represented with a bunch VBOs and you construct a subset of the object (culling) by some sort of algorithm, you should be able to do this ALL in shaders? amrite?

------------------------------

redwoodpixel.com

Wow. The amount of different objects that can be packed into one draw call with that is very, very cool.

So much for GL apparently being dead and useless!
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
So much for GL apparently being dead and useless!

There are also other good news, especially VirtualBox now having experimental support for OpenGL acceleration and NVIDIA having released OpenCL driver.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement